Enjoy your wedding on safari surrounded by the Masai warriors in Kenya or get married on the white sandy beaches on the Kenyan coast.
Kenya has, for some time, been a popular honeymooners delight and it is now becoming increasingly sought after as a wedding destination whether it be a classic beach wedding, a hot air balloon wedding or a traditional type safari wedding.
Civil Ceremonies can be held at the local Registrars Office or any other venue as long as it has a Special License.
There are a number of different types of Religious Ceremony, which are recognised under Kenyan law.
To avoid the requirements of getting married at the local Registrars Office and the time periods required for this to be recognized, you can apply for a Special License so the minister can perform the ceremony.
If the Special License is granted then you only need to arrive in Kenya 4 working days in advance of your wedding day in order to finalise the paperwork.
The following documents will be required prior to the wedding:
- Copy of passport of bride and groom
- Copy of birth certificate of bride and groom
- Affidavit that bride and groom are single
- if divorced: decree absolute
- if widowed: death certificate of former spouse and previous marriage certificate
- letter stating full names, address, occupation of couple and parents of both bride and groom
- If names have changed by deed poll - legal proof
- If adopted - adoption certificate
- If under the age of 21 years - evidence of consent by parents is required in the form of an affidavit stamped by the notary public
- All documents must be translated in English
The following rules have to be considered when planning a wedding in Kenya:
- Wedding couple must spend at least 2 working days in Nairobi before the wedding
- Wedding can only take place after a 4 day stay in Kenya
- Original of passport and birth certificate is needed in Kenya
If you would like, look at our Kenya Honeymoon Packages.
Alternatively, visit our other pages/information on Kenya:
For Kenya suggested itineraries, visit Kenya Suggested Itineraries
For Kenya beach holidays, visit Kenya Beach Holidays
For Kenya safari special offers, visit Kenya Beach & Safari Specials
Some of our Kenya Wedding Packages: